SWOT Analysis of Big Lots with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Big lots Inc.
Brand names, Closeout prices
Great brands providing goods at much lower prices
Based on income and lifestyle of the customers
Middle and upper middle class households
Offers brand-name closeouts and bargains that create a unique, exciting shopping experience for millions of customers
1. Present in 1500 stores and good legacy of the company having strong brand recognition 2. More than 10,000 employees 3. Company with huge range of brands and a great product portfolio 4. Offers various deals and discounts on brands to customers
5. Great supplier network with 3,000 manufacturers providing hassle free supply of all products at good prices
6. Huge distribution centres with good distribution capacity and well equipped with information systems
7. Broad assortment of merchandise, including consumables, seasonal products, furniture, house wares, toys and gifts
1. Local market presence and no global presence
2. Less offers/discounts compared to e-commerce counterparts
1. Expand globally and capture the developing markets 2. More visibility with social media advertising and digital ads 3. Strategic alliances with other companies
1. Competition from other local players 2. Increasing e-commerce business 3. Product models going out-of –date
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.