SWOT Analysis of Schnucks with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Schnuck Markets, Inc.
One stop grocery shop
Based on income of the households
Middle and upper middle class families
Provides quality fresh products and services with great offers
1. The company was started in 1939 and now operates nearly 100 stores with over 15000 employees 2. Schnucks is one of the largest privately held supermarket chains in the United States 3. Schnucks also ran stores under the Logli Supermarkets and Hilander Foods banners 4. Schnucks has supported charitable causes, including the United Way, The Salvation Army Tree of Lights, Susan G. Komen for the Cure, St. Louis Variety - The Children's Charity, and Operation Food Search which highly increases brand credibility
6. Offers departmental stores as well as pharmacy facilities which gathers in more customers
7. Provides various discounts, coupons and savings offers time to time to have customer loyalty and retention
8. Provides recipe ideas and party planning ideas to enhance its brand equity
9. The quality of the healthcare provided by Schnucks Pharmacy was recognized when it was named "Pharmacy Chain of the Year”
1. Less into global market expansion especially to untapped emerging economies 2. Less into digital marketing and social media marketing 3. Not entered into online grocery ordering and delivery services sector
1. Involve more in digital and social media marketing to reach out to more customers 2. Expand into global market where there is huge potential 3. Provide online grocery ordering and delivery facilities
1. Less entry barriers for retail industry 2. Heavy competition from global competitors 3. Less switching costs for the customers
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.