SWOT Analysis of Meijer with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Grocery & Discount store
Higher standards lower prices
Providing quality products with affordable costs
Based on income of the households
Middle and upper middle class families
Offers quality products at good prices
1. Founded in 1934, the company has many years of brand image in the market 2. The chain of stores over 200 in number spread across the country 3. The chain was among the Forbes list of "America's Largest Private Companies” 4. Meijer is one of the largest retailer in the United States
5. The company has wide portfolio with grocery, pharmacy, Electronics, home goods, clothing, fuel stations etc under the store.
6. Offer various kinds of offers and coupons on weekly basis and seasonal basis
7. Online grocery and home delivery facilities with over 70,000 employees
8. Major and wide range brands and products are available in these stores
9. It provides community rewards and notable donations & actions as a part of CSR activities
10. Huge store space with a good design gives a great shopping experience
1. Not expanded into global market compared to competitors 2. Large untapped market expansion within the potential of the company
1. Expand globally especially to large untapped emerging markets 2. Venture into more strategic business expansion 3. More digital media and social media advertising
1. Less entry barriers to retail industry giving chance to new entrants 2. Low switching costs for customers which reduce brand loyalty 3. Heavy competition from global players
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Meijer. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.