SWOT Analysis of Argos with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Home Retail Group plc
Lifestyle and Retail
Find it, Get it, Argos It; It's So Easy; Don't shop for it, Argos it; Helping you Live for Less
To make it as easy as possible for customers to buy from the business
Online and offline buyers
For the ones who look for purchasing Items multi channel - in-store, can be ordered online or over the telephone
1. Largest general-goods retailer in the UK with over 800 stores 2. Offers online services for shopping 3. Owns famous brands including Elizabeth Duke (jewelry and watches), Alba, Bush, Chad Valley, etc
4. Huge working force with more than 51,000 employees 5. Argos reaches out to 130 million customers and 18 million UK households
1.A few controversies like working on Sunday, pricing in Ireland have slightly affected the brand name
2. Extremely tough competitive market segment means limited market share 3. Lesser presence globally as compared to some other retain chains
1.Around 25% of sales are coming from online selling. Hence it can dwell further into this segment.
2. Reaching out markets in the growing economies
1. International expansion of other brand would increase competition
2. Price war with other retail chains brands 3. Change of Govt policies and regulations in the retail industry
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.