SWOT Analysis of Rado with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
The Swatch group
Watches and Accessories
Lifestyle and Retail
Time changes everything. Except a Rado; Rado. A different world
Use of Innovative materials (esp. ceramics)in its design
High Income segment
Young High Income group men and women
Watch brand with innovative materials and design
1. Rado’s creation of high tech diamond (hardest material on earth) is in the Guinness book of world records, strengthening the brand positioning of being technologically innovative in materials.
2. Proud recipient of more than 30 international design awards. 3. The brands USP in use of innovative materials is broad in nature and not restricted to any particular look 4. Rado has also associated itself with various sporting events, especially Tennis that has provided the brand international presence 5. Part of the Swatch group that has 28,000 employees across 50 countries
1.The brands non-classic design is not popular with traditional watch collectors
2. Limited market share growth due to competition
1. As the brand has not restricted itself to any ‘look’, there are plenty of opportunities in expanding the product line without affecting the brands positioning.
1. The brands competitors in the high-end segment are positioned as watches with classic design. While Rado has a classics collection, it is threatened heavily by their presence 2. Fluctuating economies means limited spending on luxury items
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.