SWOT Analysis of Madeleine Vionnet with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Apparel and accessories
Lifestyle and Retail
When a woman smiles, then her dress should smile too
A highly innovative and unique brand crafted with precision and perfection giving the women an ultimate satisfaction of apparel.
Women who want custom fit clothes with a high purchasing power, which want a unique design with a contemporary feel.
Young and middle-aged women from the upper class
Vionnet is an iconic brand, which give women a modern iconic trend-setting look with a vintage style cut to their apparel.
1. The Brand is available in over 200 countries and employs over 300 people in France. 2. Madeleine was known as the “Queen of Bias Cut” and the “architect among dressmakers and is very famous for the Grecian style dresses. 3. Vionnet was very innovative and introduced the ”bias cut” to cut the cloth diagonally which was very unusual in the 30’s. 4. The brand focuses on perfection; Vionnet focused on the shape of the women’s body should be evident in her designs.
5. An Excellent distribution Strategy that focuses on future direct presence in key market areas.
6. A vintage experience of custom styling is still world famous for their apparel.
7. Vionnet used materials like Crepe de Chine, Gabardine and satin to make her clothes, which was considered unusual during the 30’s.
8.A series of designers in the world of fashion hail Vionnet as the godmother of fashion and still continue to follow the styles, which Madeline worked on.
1.The Vionnet Brand has not established itself in the Asian Luxury Market, which is the growing market.
2. Unequal Interval of launching clothes after Madeline Vionnet’s demise has reduced customer confidence in the brand
1. Venturing in the Asia-Pacific Market, which is the hub of luxury goods.
2. Entering the Online commerce industry.
1. Increasing competition from brands like Prada, Burberry and Chanel are increasing like never.
2. As Luxury brands are abundant now, Lower end brand brands in the luxury segment offer similar styles at cheaper rates, so pricing is very important in this segment.
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.