Columbia Sportswear SWOT Analysis, USP & Competitors
Posted in Lifestyle and Retail, Total Reads: 10604
SWOT Analysis of Columbia Sportswear with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Apparel and Accessories
Lifestyle and Retail
Trying Stuff since 1938
Complete Sportswear brand
Urban upper and upper middle class men and women.
Young men and women from the upper middle and upper class
Complete sportswear and outwear brand.
1. Strong legacy built for over 7 decades with the brand being attributed to be the largest American ski apparel brand.
2. The brand’s unique digital marketing for every sports outfit has been a success.
3. The brand is present in more than 72 countries through over 13000 retailers.
4. The brand owns all the facets of the production process which helps it maintain the economies of scale.
1. The brand is not well-known as its’ competitors in other parts of the word except America. 2.The brand has not advertised as compare to its competitors who are global leaders in the segment.
1. The company can start its independent retail operations in some countries to establish its identity as a formidable brand. 2. The brand can also start e-retailing for its select merchandise in different countries to improve brand visibility.
3. Increase global penetration by tie-ups
1. The level of fragmentation in the apparel and accessories market is detrimental as there is less customer loyalty. 2. The brand faces threat from counterfeit products which are sold at a much lower price than the branded ones. 3. The brand faces an identity issue outside USA which would mean a greater time for brand building.
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.