SWOT Analysis of Speedo with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Apparel and Accessories
Lifestyle and Retail
Worn by world champions my speedo
Cutting edge swimwear
Men and women, kids who take up swimming as a serious sport
Young men, women and kids from the urban upper middle and upper class
Swimwear for the true sportsmen
1. The use of biomechanics for the design of swimwear which add that extra element of champion and achievement to the brand. 2. The brand is the biggest promoter of swimming in America with Olympian champions as brand ambassadors 3. The brand is present across the world through MBO’s and company owned flagship which are category killers when it comes to swimwear. 4. The brand has diversified swimwear accessories like boots, digital music players which are a rage for swim lover
5. The brand has a popular name and has good advertising and visibility
6. It has sponsored many international swimming teams and players
1.The brand has been marred by controversial technologies like Fast skin, LZR which too had swimmers disqualified. 2. The group is not into extensive advertising and promotions in international markets as compared to a few other big sports apparel brand
1. The brand can move to effective sponsorships to swimming teams in Asia where the sport is growing well. 2. The brand can also diversify further into different product lines to be a complete lifestyle brand. 3. The brand can look to set up manufacturing and procurement facilities to maintain economies of scale in future.
1. Ignorance of importance of technology and design in swimwear is a major deterrent for the brand. 2. The brand also faces high threat from counterfeit products which sell cheap quality swimwear branded as its name
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Speedo. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.