SWOT Analysis of John Smedley with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Apparel and Accessories
Lifestyle and Retail
Made in England; Distinctly iconic British wear
Luxury knitwear brand
Luxury Apparel and accessories
Urban upper middle and upper class men and women
Product redefining craftsmanship
1. The brands legacy goes on for more than two centuries with its factory in Derbyshire. 2. The brand takes pride in its every garment as over 35 stitch operations are performed on them. 3. The brand is known for using the best raw material like the Wool Growers of New-Zealand for its products. 4. The brand takes special measures like exclusivity of its machines so that no one can imitate its products.
5. The brand has an exclusive online store where it stocks limited edition products.
6. Many well known celebrities and personalities are clients of John Smedley.
1. The brand does not have its own retail distribution centers. 2. The brand has not leveraged its popularity with a proper expansion plan. 3. There is no new product offering which limits the overall brand portfolio.
1. The brand has can foray into backward integration to control the entire distribution chain. 2. The brand can also seek new ventures like eco-campaigns which are a center stage of the fashion industry. 3. The brand can also spend a considerable amount on new product development to extend the brand portfolio.
1. The recent slowdown in European markets can cause a serious dip in the sales revenues. 2. The foray of many new players in this segment is a serious threat to the brand. 3. The fluctuating currency rates can also affect the pricing model of the brand.
1. Arcadia Group limited 2. Benetton Group S.p.A 3. Dollce and Gabbana
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.