SWOT Analysis of Quiksilver with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Apparel and Accessories
Lifestyle and Retail
Ride the hazardous wave; When the sun runs our i'll use the moon
Complete surf-wear and board-sportswear brand.
Sporty Men, Women and kids
Urban men women and kids from the middle and upper middle class
Exclusive sport-wear brand.
1. Over decades the company has achieved the reputation of being the largest manufacturer of surf-wear and board-sportswear equipment in the world. 2. The brand has a strong presence across the world with it operating over 800 stand-alone stores across five zones, Australia, Europe, Asia, Africa, North and South America, with presence in major Retailers through MBO’s. 3. The financial restructuring with Rhone Group has been a success and the returns are paying off. 4. The company has diversified into various product lines like watches, wallets, belts to become a complete sports lifestyle brand
5. Good advertising and brand presence
1. Fake imitations and replica products affect branding and sales 2. In comparison to the rate of production the company has a very low market share in the global market as compared to its competitors
1. The company can go into online sales to reach out to a larger no of customers, which has been an effective retail medium. 2. The company can further concentrate on brand-building of its new product lines which are yet to gain popular attention. 3. The company can explore new markets and sponsor emerging competitions where the sport is growing.
1. The threat for the brand is from environmental regulations for the sport from across the world which can act as a spoil-sport. 2. The company faces the threat of counterfeit products which have caused significant losses 3. The fluctuations in the currency rates across the world can also effect their sales revenues.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Quiksilver. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.