SWOT Analysis of Takashimaya with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Takashimaya Co., Ltd.
Lifestyle and Retail
Together dreams come true
One of the largest Japanese stores also having global presence
Departmental stores for dresses and other apparel and electronics
Middle and upper middle class individuals
Largest Japanese department store chain
1. Number of customer engagement programme throughout year 2. Takashimaya carries a wide array of products, ranging from wedding dresses and other apparel to electronics and flatware 3. Complimentary customer services like ATM, pharmacy etc. 4. Shipment service is available for customers
5. Loyalty programs are offered to customers
1. Takashimaya's New York store closed in 2010 when their U.S. subsidiary filed for bankruptcy 2.Number of events are confusing within customer 3.Presence in western world is low
1.Disposable income is increasing of the customers
2. Tapping the international market specially emerging economies
3. Acquisition of smaller retail chains
4. More visibility through advertising and customer focused services
1.High operating cost 2.High Debts and financial problem are threat
3. Expanding competition and unfavorable govt policies
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Takashimaya. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.