Marks and Spencer SWOT Analysis, USP & Competitors
Posted in Lifestyle and Retail, Total Reads: 12226
SWOT Analysis of Marks and Spencer with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Marks and Spencer
Marks and Spencers
Lifestyle and retail
Quality worth every penny
One of the UK's leading retailers with around 21+ million customers each week.
Cost conscious group
Upper class and upper middle class
High Quality within reach
1. It is one of the most powerful retail brand with a top of the mind recall
2. M&S’s products are perceives as “value for money” due to quality, convenience and wide range of products.
3. They have their own branded labels
4. It has over 1000+ stores present across 40 countries
5. Over 80,000 employees form a part of the workforce globally
1. Strong competition from other retail brands means limited market share
2. Being a popular brand, they need to protect their brand from misuse of fake imitation products
1. M&S can develop their website 2. They can introduce new market segments that offer more profit
3. There are future opportunities in expanding their brand into China & India.
1. Other retail stores are a threat due to their discounted prices 2. M&S being a global retailer means they are exposed to different political facts in countries they work in. 3. Govt policies for retail stores
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.