SWOT Analysis of Whole Foods Market with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Whole Foods Market
Whole food Market Inc., USA
Lifestyle and Retail
America’s healthiest food store
Differentiation from competitors by focus on high quality fresh produce, organic and healthy food products
Grocery store, Healthy food store
Target Corporation Group
Health conscious individuals who value quality
Emphasis on high quality, fresh produce and organic, healthy food items
1. Whole Foods remains the marquee brand in organics, especially after its acquisition of Wild Oats. Its competition basically amounts to the Joe's and traditional grocers that are devoting more of their shelves to organic items
2. Selling premium organic groceries in an upscale setting provides a little more wiggle room in mark-ups than traditional supermarkets
3. Good presence in US
4. Availability of diverse range of food products
1. Despite its competitive, value-based pricing for food products, the healthy food products still are perceived to be costlier than the products sold by competitors
2. Saturating the market also finds Whole Foods entering smaller markets with smaller stores.
1. International expansion
2. Private label growth
3. Value added services such as in-store health clinic, consultation services could be provided
1. Wal-Mart continues to push into groceries, with Target Corporation following suit. Their organic offerings are limited at the moment, but they have the ability to compete aggressively on price
2. Rising labour and fuel costs
3. Downfall in economy will discourage customer from purchasing high quality, premium health food products
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Whole Foods Market. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.