SWOT Analysis of Fred Mayer with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Grocery, Furniture, Jewelry, Home Appliances retail
Lifestyle and retail
Save time, money and gas; What's on your list today? You'll find it at Fred Meyer!
One stop store offering all the products that would form part of regular shopping lists
Supermarket retail chain
Price shoppers and value shoppers
Freddy’s – a store where you will find everything on your shopping list
1. Financial muscle – annual revenues of $7.67 billion and low risk capital structure 2. Brand appeal amongst price shoppers and value shoppers 3. Large multidepartment stores – 130 stores in the Pacific Northwest and Alaska 4. General merchandising expertise
5. Successful loyalty program
6. Merger with Kroger has given the company a strong foundation
1.Insignificant presence in the North East and South West
2. Being a part of Kroger, it has lost its own brand value
1.Expansion opportunities in North America and abroad 2.Launch of web and mobile retail platforms
3. Aggressive marketing can be useful in enhancing the brand image
1.Emergence of online retailers 2.Cost competition against Costco and Walmart
3. Economic fluctuations and financial instability
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Fred Mayer. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.