SWOT Analysis of Poundworld with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Family owned – Chris Edwards & Chris Edwards Junior
Lifestyle and retail
Price conscious customers
Lower middle class, retired or unemployed
Curtail your expenses
1. Nealry 200 stores spread across Britain 2. Subsidiary DiscountUK is a multi-price brand and has over 30 stores 3. Offers over 5000 products within the £1 cap 4. “Poundworld express” stores have convenience format
5. Strong brand presence in UK as it targets a huge middle class market
1. Limited brands and variety to offer 2. No presence outside UK 3. With inflation, fewer items are available every year at a price lower than £1.
1. Online retail and home delivery service 2. Small section of “Over £1” within the stores 3. Customer loyalty program to strengthen market share
1. £1 USP is not unique to pound world. 2. Mom & pop stores offer local competition 3. Increasing presence of convenience stores across UK
4. Major players in the retail sector offering products at lower prices by purchasing directly from manufacturer and eliminating wholesellers
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.