SWOT Analysis of Booker Group with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
UK’s largest cash and carry operator
UK’s leading food wholesaler
1. Offers branded and private-label to over nearly 500,000 customers including independent convenience stores, grocers, leisure outlets, pubs and restaurants
2. Approximately 18,000 product lines – branded and private label grocery products, fresh and frozen food, beer, wine, spirits, tobacco and non-food items
3. Operates through more than 170 branches in UK providing free delivery services
4. Strong presence in the foodservice channel and low-cost retailers 5. Strong focus on providing cost-effective meal solutions and better customer service.
6. The group owns number of “own label brands” like Lichfields, Euro Shopper, etc. 7. Acquisition of Makro C&C from Metro which helped it to increase its reach
1. Brand dilution of own brands due to over-extension 2. Slow expansion strategies: presence in relatively few countries despite being about 180 years old
1. Unorganized Emerging markets can be targeted to increase the reach 2. E-Commerce and M-Commerce are the medium not explored much to increase the revenue 3. Growing health consciousness among consumers can led to higher sale of good quality product
4. Reducing the number of overlapping brands and repositioning the brands
1. Rising Commodity prices can force to increase selling price 2. Decline in number of small independent retailers 3. High competition from other international players like Walmart
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.