SWOT Analysis of Clintons with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Schurman Retail Group
Gifts and Cards
Soft toys and retail
Young, middle to high class
1. Established Stores Network: over 400 stores all over the UK
2. High on innovation: launched group of stores with new look to re-energise and reinvigorate the group 3. Wide variety of products ranging from cards, gifts, gift wraps, etc 4. Customer friendly shop format
5. Since decades the company is the leading retailer of greeting cards, gifts and wraps
1. Seasonality: Depends on occasions like wedding, holiday season, etc 2. Non-resistant to financial distress: Underperforming Birthdays unit collapsed into administration and closed more than half of its stores
3. Comes under the category of non-essentials, hence has elastic demand
1. Development of western culture in emerging countries increases
2. Geographical expansion: Can reduce seasonality since each country has its own festivals occurring during a range of time
1. Growing popularity of electronic messages over traditional greeting cards 2. Eco-friendly regulations advocates less consumption of paper 3. Low barriers to entry in the industry
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Clintons. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.