SWOT Analysis of IGA with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Metcash Trading Limited
How the Locals Like it
Independent grocers of Australia
Independent Grocery Stores
Trusted supplier of a variety of grocery and food brands to local stores
1. Strong presence: 1400 plus stores across USA 2. Prominent brand name: presence in USA for decades 3. Successful promotions and offers like 200% guarantee, Say G’day Day, etc. 4. Self-owned trusted IGA Brands such IGA Apple juice, IGA olive oil, etc.
5. Continuous community focused events like IGA Hometown Healthy Challenge, IGA Days, etc.
6. The brand has also been able to reach 30 countries wordwide
1. Debt concerns: High debt raised for acquisitions 2. Low Margins due to price wars leading to dip in profits
3. Low market share owing to high competition
1. Company has a good chance of entering into online business segment 2. It can position itself as the leading provider of healthy and fresh food products 3. To increase its market share in the country by increasing in-house product portfolio and aggressive marketing strategy
1. High concentration of power associated with two big supermarket chains 2. High dependence on macroscopic events like inflation, economy growth etc. 3. Less famous house brands as compared to other super market chains
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.