Ben Franklin Stores SWOT Analysis, USP & Competitors
Posted in Lifestyle and Retail, Total Reads: 747
SWOT Analysis of Ben Franklin Stores with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Ben Franklin Stores
Arts and Crafts
When you shop with us...You shop Local!! 23 years of serving you and our community!
All stores of Ben Franklin Crafts are independent.
Creative, Middle Class
Personal shopping experience that is geared to customers
1. Wide Presence: At its peak the chain had 2,500 stores nationwide 2. Eminent brand name: Serving from more than 20 years 3. No corporate office: means no exact same products, hence each store meets local demands more efficiently 4. High number of services are provided like Key Cutting, Wedding Rentals, Custom Bows, etc
5. Exclusively famous for carrying creative products like florals, needlecrafts, wicker, etc.
1. Bankruptcy: Company went bankrupt in 1996-97 which resulted in negative brand image 2. The chain functioned as a wholesaler till 1990, the process to convert it into a retail chain resulted in financial problem 3. Independent Stores: It shows chain’s inability to deliver goods to its franchisees
1. Chain can leverage its perception of creative brand by launching its own new brand in the creative product category 2. Better delivering networks can be develop to bring more standardization across chains and thus increasing brand loyalty
1. Competitors has more market share and better brand image, thus expanding is very difficult
2. Technological Development: Demand for arts and crafts products and services will decrease
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.