SWOT Analysis of Sports Direct with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Mike Ashley Sports
UK’s number one sports retailer
Sports goods and accessories
Youth, Sports and fitness, above average
Customers get more for their money through being fit, socialize or simply enjoy the products
1. UK’s number one sports retailer with over 470 stores. 2. Trusted brand as it had been for over decades 3. Tie-up with large number of famous sports brands like Nike, Adidas, Reebok, etc 4. Long list of renowned subsidiaries like Slazenger, Lilywhites, USC, etc
5. Savvy price strategy that hits the mark with consumer, thus increasing the credibility of the retailer
6. Low staff turnover: Company pays high bonuses to floor staff and managers
7. Strong online presence with the tagline 24HR delivery, this gives access to customers to get the products delivered to their home
1. Sports industry is a highly competitive market which result in slow growth in market share 2. Company operates under low margins which creates doubt about future profitability
1. With the economic problems in EuroZone rumbling on, company has exciting opportunity to establish itself in Eastern and Western Europe 2. Company follows aggressive strategy in acquiring brands across Europe which gives it opportunity to reach customers across segments
1. Rising cost of raw material can affect revenue vastly, since the firm operates at low profit margin 2. Tax changing policy due to Eurozone crisis can adversely affects the functioning 3. Development of new digital technology can cause strong technological problems.
1. Foot Locker, Inc. 2. JJB Sports plc 3. Snow & Rock Sports Ltd
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Sports Direct. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.