SWOT Analysis of Dunelm Group with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Bill Adderley & Jean Adderley
Home furnishings store
Add some wow to your windows
Stylish décor for house interiors for furnishing
People who want to give a personalized touch to their homes.
Home makers who want to leave a touch of their personalities through their homes and its decors like curtains, blinds, beddings, cushions
Dunelm group is always there with newer ideas to make your home resemble you and is always ready to accept newer ideas from its customers.
1. Legacy of serving people since 1979 leading to strong brand equity 2. Offers wide range options for home furnishings including bedding, cushions, blinds, decors, lights, mirrors, rugs. 3. Gives an option to reserve your furnishings and collect it later. 4. Accepts newer idea from the customers.
5. One of the largest homewares retailers in the United Kingdom
1.The prices of items are higher than supermarkets which might limit the target group
2. The variety of items are limited by their offerings, options for personalized home furnishings like Presto not there.
1. More young professionals living away from home and living in nuclear families building new homes. Hence their target group is increasing fast. 2.Increasing purchasing power parity leading to improved lifestyles e.g – buy more sophisticated home furnishings 3. Expand network, product selection and reach to people by opening up more flagship stores.
4. open up opportunities for personalized furnishings on the lines of Presto.
1.Robbery attempts and other threats lead to high priority security concerns for property loss as also safety of employees working late into the night. 2. Intense competition from other furnishings stores. 3.Competition laws an lack of large scale development space leading to merger of many convenience stores.
1. Debenhams PLC 2. Halfords Group PLC 3. Mothercare PLC
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.