SWOT Analysis of Hawkin's Bazaar with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Gift and toy shop chain
Gifts and presents for every occasion – Hawkin’s Bazaar Because Life’s too serious
With a legacy of 40 years, they are known for offering “out of the ordinary”, different toys, gifts, novelty items which can appeal to consumers of different ages and tastes.
People who have a distinct taste of luxury and look for unique items to gift to their loved ones and kids.
Upper rich class of people who want their gifts to tell tales about them and also want their kids to have the best toys and unique game sets.
Hawkin’s Bazaar is known for providing “Unusual gifts for every occasion, since 1973” and “Suppliers to Father Christmas since 1973”
1. Legacy of years of selling unique out of the box gift items. 2. In addition to offering only mail order catalogues they also operate online which has hugely increased customer base. 3. Offers a wide range of items ranging from toys, gifts to party ideas and gadgets. 4. Apart from the luxury items, also caters to other segment by selling pocket money items which offer a mix of products in ranges of as low as $10.
5. The brand had a reach in over 30 locations in UK
1. Change in administration of Tobar which has led to many stores been closed down and laying off of staff. 2. The prices of items are higher than any other toy stores.
3. Due to uncertain economic conditions, consumer spending squeeze affecting sales.
1. The company has only few stores operating in UK, so increasing number of stores to increase reach. 2.Increasing purchasing power parity leading to improved lifestyles e.g – buying expensive toys for their kids 3. Expand network, product selection and reach to people by introducing lower priced ranges, subway brands along the lines of their growth strategy currently being pursued.
1.Robbery attempts and other threats lead to high priority security concerns for property loss. 2. Intense competition from toy stores, supermarkets, gift stores and host of other novelty stores. 3.Competition laws an lack of large scale development space leading to merger of many convenience stores.
4. Since this falls under discretionary spending, it gets affecting due to consumer spending cuts
1.Smyths Toys UK Ltd 2.Mothercare PLC 3.The Disney Store Ltd
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Hawkin's Bazaar. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.