SWOT Analysis of Pets at Home with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Pets at Home
Kohlberg Kravis Roberts
Pet supplies retailer
Where pets come first
It is the largest pet supplies retailer in the UK with over 6000 employees working in 370 stores.
People who have pets and who love pets, want to own pets
Upper middle class people who are pet friendly and loves to own pets and are passionate about them
Pets at Home are a guide to your pets- not only sells pets but also has services like vets, food, bedding, toys and accessories.
1. It is the largest pet supplies retailer in the UK with over 6000 employees working in 370 stores. 2. Offers complete guide to your pets- not only sells pets but also has services like vets, food, bedding, toys and accessories, nutrition and consultation weight checks. 3. Offers special deals and discounts to customers on select pets.
4. Strong brand and efficient operations
1. Reports of alleged mistreatment of animals, small fish caused a bad stain on their repute. So proper care of animals is lacking. 2.Since this is discretionary spending, when consumers cut back on spending due to bad economic conditions, sales will get hurt.
1.More young professionals living away from home alone and hence prefer pets. Hence their target group is increasing fast. 2.Increasing purchasing power parity leading to improved lifestyles e.g – more spending on discretionary items. 3. Expand network, animal selection and reach to people by opening up more flagship stores and subway brands along the lines of their growth strategy currently being pursued.
4.involved in CSR activities by their programs – buy homeless pets dinner.
5. new deals and exciting discount, grooming offers for pets
1.Health and disease risk of animals . 2. Since this is discretionary spending, when consumers cut back on spending due to bad economic conditions, sales will get hurt 3.Competition laws an lack of large scale development space leading to merger of many stores.
1. PetSmart, Inc. 2. Armitages Pet Products Limited 3. PETCO Animal Supplies Stores, Inc.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Pets at Home. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.