SWOT Analysis of Poundland with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Home, Kitchenware, gifts, healthcare
Yes Everything’s £1
Good Quality product with large variety at £1
People who buys home, kitchenware , healthcare products etc
Middle class people mostly woman who are price and value conscious
Largest single price discount retailer in Europe
1. Huge range of products with several brands 2. Large number of stores covering many geographical locations in Europe 3. High Operating Efficiency with over 10,000 employees engaged 4. Excellent customer service and so loyal customers
5. The company estimates it serves approx 3 million customers in a week
6. Over 200+ stores spread all across the UK
1. Prices fixed, so has to operate very effectively under cost cuttings hence limited margins 2. Not strong online presence/sale
1. Expansion in other parts of Europe and abroad 2. Can invest more in building strong e-commerce to increase revenue 3. Increase offer range to become a one stop shop for all customer requirements
1. Rising competition in single pricing retailers further lowering the prices 2. Challenging economic conditions in UK will demand more value for money 3. Exchange rate fluctuations may hamper the growth plans with single pricing
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Poundland. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.