SWOT Analysis of RS McColl with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
McColls Retail Group
UK’s no.1 independent neighborhood retailer
Serving the local community through its products like newspapers, magazine and confectionary
People who buys newspapers and confectionary from neighborhood newsagents
Lower Middle class and middle class people who buys products from newsagents
Retailer providing variety of newspapers , magazines etc locally
1. 500+ stores across UK shows its presence 2. Strong relations with distributors and suppliers 3. Good service for a good customer experience 4. Impulse category better represented in RS McColl than other supermarkets
5. The company has a strong legacy starting in 1901
1. Every newsagent caters a very small area, so impact is small 2. Sales based on convenience so little customer loyalty 3. Product substitution is easy for customers
1. Entry into supermarket and hypermarket segment 2. Increase customer base by enhancing service and product range 3. Cover more geographical areas by opening more stores across Europe
1. Large number of local retail newsagents opening up 2. Supermarkets and hypermarkets offering low prices 3. Consumer buying behavior changing with time and more inclined towards supermarket buying
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to RS McColl. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.