SWOT Analysis of Balducci's with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Kings Super Markets
Food retail store
Spring Flavor; Food Lovers Market
Specializes in freshly cut and prepared handmade food and restaurant quality ready made food
People who have irregular working hours or work shifts and might go for readymade or grocery shopping
Working class professionals who want to buy readymade foods as well as housewives who want fresh food
Balducci positions itself as offering hand-selected products, fresh fish and meat , restaurant-quality prepared foods, finest imported food varieties.
1. Legacy of serving people for 3 generations since 1916 leading to strong brand equity 2. Offers wide range of fresh food and imported food 3. Also offers a wide range of services including catering, reward programmes, gourmet. 4. Also offers private labels with specialized food
5. Regionally a very strong retail chain brand
1. The range of food offered is limited compared to other supermarket which limits the options available to consumers. 2.The prices of items are higher than supermarkets and grocery stores which might limit the target group.
1. More young professionals living away from home and working long hours prefer shopping at such stores. Hence their target group is increasing fast. 2.Increasing purchasing power parity leading to improved lifestyles e.g – more ready to eat foods 3. Expand network, wider product range and reach to people by opening up more flagship stores.
1.Robbery attempts and other threats lead to concerns for property loss. 2. Intense competition from corner stores, supermarkets, grocery stores and host of other convenience stores. 3.Lack of large scale space leading to merger of many convenience stores and increase in competition.
1. Whole Foods Market, Inc. 2. Dean & DeLuca Incorporated 3. Zabar's & Co., Inc.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Balducci's. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.