SWOT Analysis of Bashas’ with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Your Arizona hometown grocer
A store famous for its fresh and local grocery items
Middle/ Upper Middle class people
People of Arizona
Grocery store which sells fresh and local items
1. Wide network of around 130 stores in Arizona 2. Grocery chain known for made-from-scratch bakery items, a full-service butcher shop, fresh local produce and award-winning Chefs Entrees 3. Good customer relationship management through weekly ad feature price cuts, E coupons, Thank you cards etc.
4. Availability of a wide range of private label products that could save one 20-25% on their grocery bill
5. Over 9000 people are employed with the company
1. The chain is restricted to Arizona only. 2. Traditional grocery retail and the prices are not the lowest in the area 3. Since more emphasis is given to private labels, some of the good brands miss out on shelf space
1. Since Bashas’ stores are generally small, people there know most of the customers in person and this will lead to repeat purchases. This model can be replicated in other states as well.
2. Can come up with an online/ telephonic order system
3. Opportunity to expand their pharmacy business since they are popular in the area for their donations towards charity, sponsorship in NASCAR etc.
1. Competition from other multinational retailers 2. Recent events like the litigation for mislabeling of meat products tarnish the reputation 3. Excess emphasize on the private label may cause the reputation of store to reduce
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.