SWOT Analysis of Coborns with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
We are the best; Employee Owned
Every day low low prices
Grocery retail stores
Middle/upper middle class
Fresh and local grocery at very low prices
1. It has been ranked among the top in the Corporate Reports listing of top 100 companies in Minnesota 2. It has very good social reputation since it gives a lot to the community and it has been listed at rank 10 in the list of most generous companies in America. 3. Online order facility is available
4. It has a strong network of liquor stores also which complement its grocery stores
5. One of the most recognized brands in US locally
1. Everyday low pricing strategy cannot be successfully established since it will effect margins and people may feel cheated since the price may not be the lowest in the market
2. Since the company is employee owned, the management may sometimes find it difficult to define a specific direction for the company’s growth.
1. Retail growth in Minneapolis has outpaced the population growth and Coborn’s has most of their stores in this locality.
2. Mobile shopping is increasing day by day and it would be convenient for increasing population
3. The wide range of business like car wash, gas station along with the grocery offers wide possibilities to establish customer loyalty which will help keep the competitors in any of these categories at bay
1. Competition from local retailers and also from Walmart , Aldi etc. 2. The donations if reduced can create a bad image for the company 3. The laws which require the liquor stores to be separated from groceries
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.