SWOT Analysis of D’Agostino Supermarkets with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
New York’s Original Grocer
All you need all week long; Highest quality products and customer service
Supermarket retail stores
Middle/upper middle class
All you need at the highest quality
1. Operates more than a dozen grocery stores in the Manhattan and Westchester counties. 2. It is known for the highest quality products which features most of the famous brands and also for the excellent customer service available at the stores 3. Online order facility is available which is very responsible and fast
4. The D’Agostino private label products are also very famous and it is perceived to be of the highest quality.
1. Difficult to replicate the model in smaller places since people will see it as very expensive
2. It is difficult for the firm to expand within the city also since the real estate availability is a concern
3. The stores are comparatively small compared to the other grocery stores
1. Can come up with more private label products since they have the shelf space available in the most expensive places in the US
2. Mobile shopping is increasing day by day and it would be convenient for increasing population
3. The company can diversify into business like pharmacy and liquor and create a niche for itself in the city
1. Competition from other local retailers in the city 2. The increasing rental rates in the city 3. The lack of space in the stores can create customer dissatisfaction
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.