SWOT Analysis of Houchens Industries with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
100% employee owned company - Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
Retail, Banking, Construction
Lifestyle and Retail
Providing The Necessities of Life
An ESOP Company
Those conscious of the lowest prices in town
Middle class home makers
Affordable items for a family
1. Over 400+ grocery and convenience stores 2. Convenience stores under the name Jr. Food Stores 3. Supermarkets under the name Piggly Wiggly, Food Giant Supermarkets, Market Place, etc 4. Acquired Hillard Lyons, Tampico Beverages , two high schools and many other firms
5. The company has over 10,000+ employees
1. Supermarkets are primarily located in Kentucky and Tennessee 2. There are a large number of firms under the Houchens umbrella but there is very little emphasis on any particular sector other than supermarkets
1. Cater to organic products, furniture and stationary 2. The portfolio is large but a garments chain would be a good improvement
1. With a large number of subsidiary firms, emphasis on retail may be lost 2. Diversified firms may lead to conflict of interests 3. As an ESOP, there is less scrutiny on the actions of the management
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Houchens Industries. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.