Basha’s Dine Markets SWOT Analysis, USP & Competitors
Posted in Lifestyle and Retail, Total Reads: 840
SWOT Analysis of Basha’s Dine Markets with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Basha’s Dine Markets
Grocery Store Chain
Where You've Got a Friend; From Our Family to Yours Since 1932; Sensational Savings... and Service too!
Made-from-scratch bakery items, a full-service butcher shop, fresh local produce and award-winning Chefs Entrees.
Sells across all demographic segments
Basha’s Dine Market is positioned to cater to the needs of the Navajo Community
1.Developed various formats to appeal to different customer segments
2.Focus on luring in traditional communities like the Navajo community and the Hispanic Community
3. Customer loyalty is high because of good relations with the community
4.Strong brand equity developed due to long heritage with over 130+ locations
5.One of the few stores focused on serving just in the Navajo markets which are more cut-off than traditional markets
6.Capable management able to take harsh decisions in order to survive in severe downturn when many other chains went under
7.CSR programs and Sponsorship have improved the company reputation improving its brand equity and image as a community store
1. Business model limits growth of Basha’s into other states.
2. Supply model of having a central distribution centre in Chandler limits location of other stores to keep transportation costs in check.
3. Poor relations with workers unions especially UFCW
1. Expand successful Bashas’ stores to include more specialty departments
2. Innovation in supply chain technology
3. Product and services expansion
4. Distribution and national expansion after the severe economic downturn has gone by now.
5. Rethink the central distribution model in order to allow greater flexibility in setting up new stores and bringing down costs.
6. Experimenting with smaller-format stores that could be placed in nontraditional locations such as the ground floor of high-rise office buildings
7. Expanding its restaurant offerings
1. United Food and Commercial Workers union engaged in defamation activities against Basha’s in the past 2. Economic slowdown forced closure of many stores
3. Lower cost competitors or imports 4. Lower prices of Gasoline have allowed people to now travel more to father away stores like walmart to get better discounts 5. Walmart, as a competitor penetrating the market with better global ties and cheaper substitute (imported) products
6. External Changes like changing tax policies, government regulations etc.
7. Intense Competition from existing retailers
8. Competitors can make up weakness in Arizona sales with sales from other states, a luxury Basha’s doesn’t have.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Basha’s Dine Markets. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.