SWOT Analysis of A&P Supermarkets with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Fresh from your store to your door!; Fresh thinking since 1859, The Freshest Products
Fresh, high-quality food
Sells across all demographic segments
The middle and higher-income markets
One stop shopping centre
1. Fresh high quality food for the family dinner table 2. SupermarketNews ranked A&P in the 2012 "Top 75 Food Retailers and Wholesalers" 3. In addition to traditional grocery departments A&P stores include a bakery, full-service delicatessen, full-service meat, and a pharmacy 4. Up to 20,000 store brand products are available
5. Famous for its quality liquor
1. The promotional deals which did not connect with the shoppers 2. Many advertising campaigns which resulted in confusing customers 3. Products are little bit overpriced as compared to other supermarkets
1. Changing pricing strategy which may attract price sensitive customers 2. New promotional deals which connects with the consumers 3. Innovation in Supply Chain Technology
1. Low priced competitors like Walmart; forced many chains to downsize 2. Weak economy affects the sales tremendously 3. Intense competitions from the existing competitors
4. Because of recession customers migrated to Walmart in great numbers
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to A&P Supermarkets. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.