SWOT Analysis of Stage Stores with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Stage Stores Inc.
Department Store Chain
Your Town, Your Store
Specializing in retailing brand name clothing, accessories, cosmetics and footwear
Small and Mid-size towns and Communities
Women who are generally 25 and older from upper middle class
Offers consumers basic, as well as fashionable, brand name merchandise not typically carried by other retailers in the same market area
1. Successful Business Model and operates through 680+ stores 2. Strong Financial Position and good revenues 3. Strong ties with local communities where they operate with number of programs to give back to the community 4. Broader selection of brand name merchandise
5. Brand loyalty is high among the small towns thanks to its image as a successful small town retailer
6.New Card-holder loyalty program is highly successful.
7. Direct-to-consumer channel through its eCommerce website and Send program
8. Private label credit card program offers competitive advantage
1.Not much presence in larger cities hence limited market share 2. Customer dissatisfaction over issues of improper pricing of some products 3. Direct-to-customer channel not that efficient with many complaints of wrong shipping 4. An aggressively promotional retailing environment is hitting margins
1. Incorporating new information systems in stores 2. The markets it serves are under-served and less competitive, hence new store growth should be done in these markets 3. Opportunity for growth in off-price store segment which is being leveraged through the new Steele store chain launched by Stage inc.
4. Emerging technology and trends in retail marketing
5. Improve loyalty through new customer service initiatives
6. Increase market presence through store growth in larger cities
7. Acquisitions of newer brands and labels
1. An economic downturn or decline in consumer confidence could negatively impact the Company's business
and financial condition 2. There can be no assurance that the Company’s liquidity will not be affected by changes in economic
3. The Company faces the risk of significant competition in the retail apparel industry which could result in the loss of customers and adversely affect revenues.
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.