SWOT Analysis of Sullivan’s Foods with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
J.B. Sullivan Inc.
Where Quality, Freshness and Service is Guaranteed
Quality Merchandise at competitive prices
Serves people across all demographic segments
Middle Class and Upper-middle Class
Price Concept store with most products sold to customers at cost
1. Successful Business Model based on Franchising 2. Strong company focus on customer service
3. Strong ties with local communities which have built up brand equity 4. Broader selection of Ethnic merchandise
5. Brand loyalty is high due to good customer service
6. Known for its high quality meat
7. Products are sold at cost price and then a 10% charge added to cover store expenses, making prices extremely low
1.Unable to compete with low-cost leader Walmart 2. Current positioning strategy not that effective in increasing sales 3. Limited geographic presence means less revenue and market share 4. Known for problems of stocking out in the produce section in smaller town stores
1. Incorporating new information systems in stores 2. Undergo a major rebranding campaign and target a new segment of customers 3. Modernize store design and renovate stores to make more appealing shopping experience to customers
4. Emerging technology and trends in retail marketing
5. Improve loyalty through new customer service initiatives
6. Increase market presence through store growth in larger cities
7. Acquisitions of newer brands and labels
1. An economic downturn or decline in consumer confidence 2. Price wars can squeeze already small margins
3. The Company faces the risk of significant competition in this segment and entry of another large retailer will significantly affect sales
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Sullivan’s Foods. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.