SWOT Analysis of Weis Markets with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Weis Markets Inc.
Where Freshness Matters
Supermarket chain with strong presence in rural markets
Rural Market Segment
Middle Class and upper middle class
Quality Products at affordable prices
1. Wide market presence with over 160+ stores open in Pennsylvania 2. Most stores being located in urban areas with concentrated populations 3. Weis thrives in the rural areas, small towns, and third class cities of northeastern, central, and southern Pennsylvania, occupying a niche in the market
4. Brand loyalty is quite high among local residents
5. Adapt sustainable practices at work to minimize impact on the environment
6. Exclusive brands like Paws premium, Market Street, Top care.
7. Majority of produce is sourced from local farmers
8. One of few supermarket chains in Pennsylvania allowed to sell Beer.
1. Milk and food ecall affected brand image. 2. Focus on reducing costs by hiring part-timers affected customers service and store maintenance. 3. Limited geographic presence of brand as compared to big retail stores 4. Operational problems in Weis’ subsidiary superpetz is leading to reduced net profits
1. Growing customer trend towards healthy food can be leveraged by the Full Circle brand 2. Building better relationships with the supply vendors
3. Expand services to culinary schools, healthcare, others
4. Target newer customer segments
5. Increase market presence through store growth in new sub-urban regions where it has a low presence
6. Acquisitions of newer brands and labels can improve sales
1. Declining food stamp spending may drive down sales 2. Price wars can drive down already low profit margins
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Weis Markets. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.