SWOT Analysis of Dierbergs with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Convenience Store – grocery, floral, recipe and classes
Its fresh. Its friendly. Its Dierbergs.
Leading since 1854, Dierbergs dominates the St Louis marketplace making Dierbergs’ florist and gift store number one in the area.
People who have irregular working hours or work shifts and might go for impromptu purchases
Working class professionals who want to buy everyday items like groceries, toiletries, drinks even during a weekend and also late at night as per their convenient time. Also caters to the artistic tastes of the working class female through its floral, gifts stores and recipe classes.
Dierbergs offers fresh quality food for the local community. Differentiates itself on fresh food and quality shopping experience.
1. Legacy of serving people since 1854 dominates St. Louis marketplace and is the dominant supermarket store in Missouri and Illinois area. 2. Offers wide range of fresh food along with friendly service for the local community. 3. It offers employment to more than 5000 people making it one of the top 25 employers in the area, creating huge brand value. 4. Also offers additional attractive services to the customers like knife sharpening, special seasoned food recipes in cooking classes, special local made bakery products etc.
5. Regionally a very well renowned brand
1. The range of food offered is limited compared to other supermarkets since it also offers floral and cooking classes which limit the options available to consumers. 2.Brand awareness is restricted to the Missouri and Illinois area only 3.The prices of items are higher than supermarkets and grocery stores which might limit the target group.
1. More young professionals living away from home and working long hours prefer frozen food. Hence their target group is increasing fast. 2. Increasing purchasing power parity leading to improved lifestyles e.g – more ready to eat foods 3. Expand network, wider product range and reach to people by opening up more flagship stores outside the Missouri and Illinois area.
1. Robbery attempts and other threats lead to concerns for property loss. 2. Intense competition from corner stores, supermarkets, grocery stores and host of other convenience stores. 3.Lack of large scale space leading to merger of many convenience stores and increase in competition due to merger of many convenience stores.
1)Schnuck Markets, Inc. 2) IGA, Inc. 3) Shop 'n Save St. Louis, Inc.
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.