SWOT Analysis of Family Dollar with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Family Dollar and Healthway
Food , clothing and housewares
My family. My family dollars
Founded as a startup in 1921, the store is the largest public chain with 8000+ stores operating across US
People who have irregular working hours or work shifts and might go for impromptu purchases
Working class professionals who want to buy everyday items like groceries, toiletries, drinks even during a weekend and also late at night as per their convenient time.
Family dollar offers widest variety of food clothing and housewares at the lowest prices with presence all over USA.
1. Wise reach and network and presence in almost all US states with 8000+ stores making it the largest public supermarket chain in the USA. 2. Offers wide range of food, clothing and housewares at the lowest prices. 3. It has strong networks with brand manufacturers helping it gain in distribution warehouses and price. 4. Also offers additional attractive services to the customers like coupons redeemable from manufacturers, garden equipments, online services like product locators and EDLP
5. The company has over 50,000 employees in the workforce
1. The range of food offered is limited compared to other supermarkets which limit the options available to consumers
2. Limited brand awareness outside US means limited global market share
1. More young professionals living away from home and working long hours prefer frozen food. Hence their target group is increasing fast. 2.Increasing purchasing power parity leading to improved lifestyles e.g – more ready to eat foods 3. Expand range of products outside the current ones to include florals, gift items etc.
1.Robbery attempts and other threats lead to concerns for property loss. 2. Intense competition from corner stores, supermarkets, grocery stores and host of other convenience stores. 3.Lack of large scale space leading to merger of many convenience stores and increase in competition due to merger of many convenience stores.
1) Dollar General Corporation 2) Dollar Tree 3) Walmart
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.