SWOT Analysis of SpartanNash with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Merger of Nash Finch and Spartan Stores
Wholesale and Retail
Lifestyle and retail
Freshness and variety selection from a neighborhood supermarket
Wide variety of customers and military
Middle class families
A number of stores and brands that will offer value and a quality shopping experience
1. Over 1500+ stores after the merger. They span across almost all US states 2. MDV division to serve the military community 3. Over 170+ corporate supermarkets across nine states 4. Export to clients in Europe, Puerto Rico and Cuba
5. The stores have a wide variety of offerings like Private label grocery brands, Distributor, Grocery Store Management and Operation
1. The organization has a number of brands that are diversely positioned. So emphasis is lost any particular product or brand. 2. The stores are many and sometimes compete among themselves for market share
1. Currently SpartanNash exports to some of its clients in Europe, it could also start stores in Europe particularly in Iceland. 2. SpartanNash has a number of store names to its credit, merging the smaller chains to form larger networks will increase economies of scale and brand recognition for the customers
3. More advertising and brand visibility can help improve the company’s performances
1. There are other large retail chains in US 2. Smaller localities still prefer mom and pop stores to large retail chains especially states such as Nebraska which once had a number of family owned stores.
3. Unfavorable industry dynamics and fluctuating economic scenarios
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to SpartanNash. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.