SWOT Analysis of Super One Foods with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Super One Foods
Lifestyle and retail
Low Prices… Better Choices… Super One Foods.
Numerous coupon discounts and membership discounts
Price conscious consumers
Restaurants, cooks and mothers
Friendly neighborhood store
1. The 30+ stores are located in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Upper Michigan and North Dakota 2. Some of the stores have bakery and deli. A few have postal service as well. 3. Weekly ads and printable discount coupons to attract customers 4. Currently a small chain and strong support from the Miner’s family business
5. There is an online customer membership to rate recipes and save shopping lists. This provides a sense of belongingness and involvement to the customers.
1. The store chain has changed hands a number of times and this has taken a toll on the image of Super One Foods among the regular customers 2. There are just limited stores and these stores are known under various names such as Super One Foods, U-Save Foods, County Market, and Woodland Marketplace Foods. This can lead to dissonance in customer brand recognition
1. Separate sections for organic foods, gifts, toys, garments, household items and furniture 2. More stores could be acquired or opened in the current states particularly in North Dakota where it has only one store. In the next two years, the chain could also expand operations to neighboring states. 3. Online retail and home delivery could be a good strategy to increase customer reach while reducing operating costs
1. Large retail chains enjoy economies of scale and better relationship with their suppliers 2. Stores such as Save-a-lot sell generic products of not so famous brands at an extremely low price 3. Customer loyalty is often limited to the location and the ease of purchase, for a new store, replacing the existing mom and pop store is a challenge
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Super One Foods. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.