SWOT Analysis of The Fresh Grocer with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
The Fresh Grocer
Wakefern Food Corporation
Lifestyle and retail
Food products round the clock
University students and working individuals
Late night shoppers
Fresh products and an impressive variety
1. The store has downloadable discount coupons and weekly circular 2. Shopping can also be done online or one can create a shopping list specific to the store 3. The Wakefern Family also has ShopRite stores, this helps improve relationship with the suppliers 4. Maintaining customer accounts, database and previous purchase records improves customer involvement with the website and the store.
5. Most of the stores are open 24 hours.
6. There is also a redbox movie rental.
1. There are just a few stores under The Fresh Grocer name. 2. The prices are higher as compared to other stores in the vicinity 3. Lesser revenues and limited brand recall of the retail store
1. Most of the stores are located in prime locations, new stores could be opened in similar localities 2. The quality of the produce at these stores could be improved considering the high price charged at these stores 3. Bakery products could be made into a separate smaller store and the locations could be increased drastically
1. Considering the high price, the customers prefer purchasing at other stores during the day and use The Fresh Grocer for emergencies 2. The bigger stores have other sections such as furniture and organic products for the health conscious 3. Mom and pop stores also have home delivery or on-call services.
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.