SWOT Analysis of Kowalski’s with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
The best of everything
A grocery store where you get the best quality products
People looking for grocery stores
Upper/Upper Middle class people
The best products in town
1. A popular local upscale grocery store in more than nine locations 2. They serviced a niche market where the people were worried only about quality 3. Known for high quality meet, fruits and vegetables
4. An early adopter of the trend of preparing food in the store itself.
1. Brand awareness is low due to limited advertising 2. They lost a great leader when the founder James Kowalski passed away recently 3. Have only very little market share in the twin cities
1. Since the customer service levels and satisfaction levels are high, it is easy for them to gain access to new customers
2. Increase consumer engagement in the brand since it is a niche service provider
3. Can provide more private labels which can contribute highly to the margins
1. Competition from other high end retailers 2. Threat from discount stores like Walmart and Tesco
3. One store was closed recently due to excess competition
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.