SWOT Analysis of Giant Foods with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Quality. Selection. Savings. Every Day.
Giant Food Stores are often referred to as Giant-Carlisle, which have a strong presence in the region
Grocery store and retail chains
Price conscious and high quality
High quality, best price with lot of brands available
1. Trusted brand: About 90 years old 2. Wide presence: 170 stores and 150+ full service pharmacies across USA 3. Effective scheme for prominent customers like Bonuscard, coupons, etc 4. Online presence: Online order facility and high number of followers on facebook and twitter 5. Increased customer engagement through schemes like meal ideas, healthy ideas, etc
6. Community stewardship: Focus on improving the life of children and removing hunger
1. Ownership: In 1999 Giant was bought by Royal Ahold which also was soon plunged into turmoil after a financial scandal. 2. The brand has strained relationship with other sister banners 3. High competition from other supermarket chains like Wal-Mart, Wegmans, etc
1. Shopper insight: loyalty card program should be developed more systematically 2. More private label brands Can be developed 3.Firm can leverage new store prototype
1. Competition from Wal-Mart (huge market overlap), other regional competition. 2. Pressure from shareholders might compromise short term for longer term decisions 3.Company operates in regional markets with weak economic conditions
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.