SWOT Analysis of Magruder’s with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Magruder’s of DC, Since 1875
The chain is owned by the family who themselves were born and grew up in the Washington areas
Price and quality conscious customers
Middle class, good quality
Finest quality at low price
1. Credible brand: More than 125 years old 2. Store has greater facility in ordering because of its small size 3. Local brand: Factors like long presence and owner being from the same regions creates emotional accord with the customers 4. Stores specializes in some products like wine, produce etc
5. It is one of the oldest family-owned grocery stores in DC
1. Presence only in small region of the nation 2.The stores are much smaller than those of a larger chains, therefore the variety and availability of some products sometimes does not equal to that those of larger ones 3. Liquidation: Firm has sold some of its stores in last decade to meet the liquidity issue
1. Service and product expansion 2. Innovation in supply chain technology 3. All its stores are located in a small regions, can expand its network in other regions of the nation
1. Intense competition from existing retailers 2. The discounting strategy at Wal-Mart remains the significant threat for smaller community market 3. External changes like changing tax policies, government regulations, etc
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Magruder’s. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.