SWOT Analysis of S-Mart with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Save Mart Supermarkets
Middleclass individuals and high quality
Quality, Freshness, low price
1. Presence: Supermarket was founded about 60 years ago 2. Distribution: More than 240 stores in Northern and Central California and Northern Neveda 3. Innovation in operations: Supermarket was one of the first in using pre-packaged products, scanning cash registers, etc. This results in good brand image 4. Acquisition: stores of famous chains like Fry’s Supermarket, Lucky stores, etc. have been acquired
5. Eco-Friendly actions: Stores has water based refrigeration systems, heat-recovery system, skylights, reflective white roofing, etc. These activities results in high customer trust
6. Rewards: Programs like S-Mart rewards, S.H.A.R.E.S card, etc are run to have high customer engagement
1. Chain has its presence only in few regions 2. Online purchase service is not available 3. Competitive market means low market share
4. Debt concerns: High debt raised for acquisitions
1. Company has a good chance of entering into online business segment 2. It can position itself as the leading provider of healthy and fresh food products 3. To increase its market share in the country by increasing in-house product portfolio and aggressive marketing strategy
1. Technological development
2. High dependence on macroscopic events like inflation, economy growth etc. 3. Less famous house brands as compared to other super market chains
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to S-Mart. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.