SWOT Analysis of Trader Joe’s with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Your unique grocery store
Innovative, hard-to-find, great-tasting foods
Creative, Middle and Upper Class
Great food, great price
1. Credible brand: More than 50+ years old 2. Distribution network: Chain has more than 400 stores across the country 3. Supply Chain: Trader Joes obtain the right resources from suppliers and delivery the right product to customers in a timely manner 4. Unique Products: Chain can charge higher prices for their products, because consumers can’t get those products elsewhere
5. Customer Loyalty: When given a choice, customers are loyal to Trader Joes. Instead of targeting all customers, chain only needs to target new customers in order to grow their business
6. Strong Brand Name: This gives firm the ability to charge higher prices for their products because consumers place additional value in the brand
1. Product recalls has affected the brand image a few times 2. Geographic limitation means low market share 3. Limited Selection: Although the brand carries high-quality items, the store is not consider the your "One Stop Shop"
1. Expanding markets for private labels 2. Growing demand for organic foods 3. Online Market: The online market offers Trader Joes the ability to greatly expand their business
4. International Expansion: International markets offer Trader Joes new opportunities to expand the business and increase sales
1. Rising manpower cost 2. Substitute product: The availability of substitute products hurts chains ability to raise prices 3. Intense Competition
1. The Kroger Co. 2. Whole Foods Market, Inc. 3. Safeway Inc.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Trader Joe’s. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.