SWOT Analysis of Stage Stores Inc with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Stage Stores Inc.
Stage stores Inc.
Your town. Your Store
Small town and neighborhood retailer dedicated to delivering desirable brand name family apparel with exceptional value and service
People seeking departmental stores for daily needs
Middle/Upper Middle class people
Small town and neighborhood retailer dedicated to delivering desirable brand name family apparel with exceptional value and service.
1. A chain with more than 900 stores in 40 states across the USA 2. The stores had strong sales and a strong financial position 3. Nationally recognized brands, such as Tommy Hilfiger, Carter's, Levi Strauss, Chaps, and Polo account for about 85% of sales and are sold alongside Stage Stores' private-label merchandise.
4. Through its Peebles, Bealls, Stage, Palais Royal, and Goody's Family Clothing chains, the retailer offers small-town America moderately priced apparel and accessories, cosmetics, and footwear
5. Regionally a strong brand due its strong focus
1. The new chain called Steele’s was sold to another group. 2. Its profit margin has been deteriorating over the years 3. The net income of the stores also has been seeing a decreasing trend
1. Online sale have been increasing and it gives them an opportunity to increase their revenues.
2. The company’s return on investment has been historically higher and they are coming up with new investors
3. Mobile shopping can help them increase the sales
1. Competition from other high end retailers 2. Increasing number of boutiques in the country can be a threat
3. The increasing operating costs in the business is hiting the profit margin
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.