SWOT Analysis of Ahold with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Koninklijke Ahold N.V
Better choice. Better value. Better life. Every day.
Globally spread retail stores
Middle income group
Urban Middle income groups
Value for money
1.Very good supplier relationship management drives to develop strong long term relation with small and diverse businesses that offer quality product and services
2. Vast network of 750+ stores and 200+ fuel stations and operates under many brand names such as Giant Carlisle, Stop & Shop, Martins and Giant Landover
3. Ahold operates across many states of the US and District of Columbia.
4. Extensive customer reach through e-retail platform of www.peapod.com
5.Have deep pockets and thereby can use several promotional and customer relationship management programs to attract customers and expand further
6.Extremely efficient and dynamic management team
1.Huge setback in terms of both capital and brand name when there were litigations against the company for accounting irregularities
2.Highly levered firm can be an issues financially
1. Regaining its giant position through brand building and projecting a clean and true image 2.Stronger online retail platform can be used to expand globally to the Asian countries which is a untapped market
1.Attracting investors after the fraud charges has become difficult and is a threat towards raising new capital
2. Intense competition from existing players
3. Changing market dynamics and unfavourable govt policies
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.