SWOT Analysis of Popular Holdings with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Publishing and E-learning
Leader in Singapore in publishing, distribution, and retail books for the local education market
Students looking for books and online material
One stop solution for all literal needs
1. Popular holdings are very well know in the education field and have a strong brand reputation
2. One of the leading brands in Singapore that publishes, distributes and retails books
3. Sponsorship of global book and literary events
4. It has over 40 subsidiaries in different streams of books and publications
5. It has its presence in countries like Singapore, Malaysia, China, Hong Kong
1. The strategic vision of Popular is mostly limited in the stores in Asia. Popular focus more on the Asian market rather than international market.
2. Issues with returning an order (delivery cost is customer borne) 3. Paid customer helpline
1. Expand to rural areas of UK, later in other parts of Europe and consequently across the world 2. Improve customer service: Resolve issues post-product delivery 3.Adopt customer-friendly payment policies
4. Increase male shopper participation
5. Increase in the online shopping customer base
1. Wider coverage in the international market by competitors 2. Threat of “free-personalization” model being imitated 3. Intense competition in the online multi-brand retail space
4. Emergence of a better concept than e-commerce in future
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Popular Holdings. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.