SWOT Analysis of MGM HD with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Movie Studio. Movie Network
Features movies only from MGM library
Based on interests and behavior
All kinds of movies, day and night- all at one place
1. Huge library of 1200 movies, all in HD format 2. It has a good global presence – broadcasted in a large number of countries 3. Most of the movies are featured uncut except during peak hours 4. Since the broadcasted films are owned by MGM, they don’t have to pay for their licensing
5. High penetration- available on all major world distribution networks
6. High viewership in Brazil, Germany, Ireland, Israel, Poland, United Kingdom, United States
1. Variation and originality in programming content is not possible 2.Limited television ratings due to intense competition
1.Prime time movie can be the main audience puller so these should be properly selected 2.It can tie up with some production houses to broadcast better quality and more films 3.A lot of advertisers are springing up to capture some airtime. Good marketing techniques can attract these advertisers
1. Movies broadcasted on competitor networks are more popular and tier 1 films 2.Pirated CD,DVD industry and illegal downloads are proving detrimental to the movie channel industry
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to MGM HD. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.