SWOT Analysis of Animal Planet with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Satellite television channel
Educationally based television
Children and adults interested in educational shows on animals and wild life
Children and adults
Programs related to animals and other broadcasts designed to tap into humans' basic instincts with stories that reiterate what makes humans human
1. Country-specific versions of the channel for Canada, India, Japan, Taiwan etc. 2. 1080i high definition broadcast in USA & Norway 3. Launch of more reality programming and live shows
4. The channel has its presence in over 70 countries
5. In US, it is accessed by 90 million households
6. Shows are popular among all age groups, and has many sponsored events
7. Strong parent company gives credibility
1. Perceived as a channel for kids 2. Less flexibility in broadcasting non-animal related programs 3. Negative criticism for broadcasting documentaries with digitally manufactured scenes & discredited evidences
1. Targeting more segments and reaching out to more audiences 2. To broadcast more programs about wild life apart from focusing on pets and domesticated animals
1. Knowledge based channels can appear preachy and paternalistic which might not attract adults 2. Widely available videos and knowledge on internet
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Animal Planet. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.